Plumbing is a specialised job and not something an inexperienced person can handle. While you can surely carry out small plumbing jobs like faucet washer replacement etc, it’s never a good idea to turn major plumbing jobs into a weekend DIY project. Without the right tools and knowledge, you may just end up doing more harm than good and may also end up paying a larger amount of money to get the problem fixed eventually.
The one way to avoid all these problems is to identify a reputed, local plumbing company like Wilco Plumbing for the job. Hiring the right professional can make a big difference to the quality of the installation. Here are a few tips on what to look for when hiring a plumbing professional:
- Experience and reputation– When you are looking online for plumbing companies, check how long they have been in business. In addition to their experience, you also need to check whether they have a good reputation in the market. When you are checking their website, make it a point to see what types of services they offer. Read review sites to see what customers are saying about the company. You can also read customer testimonials to understand whether the company has a good reputation.
- Licencing and insurance – The company you hire should be licensed and insured. Most credible operators will make mention of this information on their websites. If you can’t find it there, you can always call them and ask them to provide you this information.
- Emergency services– There are times when plumbing problems arise without warning and when that happens, you need to have a licensed plumber on hand to respond to your call and visit your property promptly to address the problem without delay. Check whether the company provides 24/7 emergency plumbing services and also check whether they charge a call-out fee.
- Building codes– In most areas, local building codes have to be adhered to when any plumbing jobs are done. You need to make sure that the plumber is aware about codes and completes the job accordingly.
- Cost– Look for a company that charges per job and not by the hour. This means they will give you an upfront cost for the job and you don’t have to deal with any hidden costs in your bills at the end of the job. It’s also best to get quotes for a job from multiple service providers and compare what’s included in that cost before you hire one.
- Warranty- Make sure that the company you hire provides warranties for their workmanship. This means they will ensure they do the job right the first time around.
We are one of the leading companies in this industry and offer a variety of plumbing solutions such as Gas Fitting and Gas Repairs, Burst and Leaking Pipe Repairs as well as all other Commercial and Residential Plumbing. We also understand that some plumbing problems can surface without warning and it’s why we provide reliable and prompt 24/7 Plumbing Emergency services. For professional Sydney plumber services, give us a call today on 02 9186 3371.